Sunday, February 1, 2015

3 am

Lake Amatitlan


My week as the nurse sidekick...Well nothing happened this week...Until 3 am this morning!  Hna N got a call from a girl in our district and it turns out she needed to go to the hospital.  So at 4 am the assistants came and got us (the assistants have seen me in my pajamas way too many times this change.) I went to be the healthy sisters companion and had a sleepover at her house.  Luckily she lives close.  and hna N went off with the sick sister to the hospital.  They're still there now and the sisters in surgery and things are okay.  We just don't know when they'll be back.  But sometimes you've got to ask yourself, where was my kid at 3 am this morning.  If you're my parents I was in the car in Guatemala in my jammies with my companion an Elder from Utah and another from the Dominican Republic.  Woo!!! Nursing never gets boring!  Oh and the sisters with lice haven't called back so it's safe to assume that I cured em.

This week was Stake Conference.  I've had stake conference in every one of my areas.  It's weird to have 4 stake conferences in less than 18 months.  But I like it!  It's cool too see how the church is growing in each stake and they are really pushing missionary work.  It's like a giant pep talk every time.  Especially here because this stake is flourishing.  They split 2 wards last year and are splitting another one (and maybe even the stake) this year.  Miracles!


We also had a baptism!  It was such a miracle.  We found her 3 weeks ago.  She came every Sunday, read everything we left with her, Prayed everyday and was able to make this promise.  I really have seen the healing power of the atonement with her.  She has been through a lot in her life and had a lot of trials that weren't her fault. She received the sisters 2 years ago but they didn't keep teaching her. But since we knocked her door she realized that now is her time to take this step.  I am always amazed by the examples these people give to me.  They turn around their lives completely.  And I know it's not because of me.  No one would believe a 20 year old chanchita running around Guatemala.  But they believe in who I represent. And He is the one who helps people turn their lives around.

Love you all!!

Hna H

A!!!!
Hey.  Look for your old investigators in your binders.  That's how we found her.  Her registro said she was kind of positive but wasn't ready then.  Now we found her two years later she got baptized in 3 weeks!!!
also I french braided my hair for the first time.  No one even taught me.  We were just reading the Book of Mormon and I just did it out of no where!  There is power in the Book of Mormon! ;)
Another mini road trip with the O's!!!!!!!!!  They seriously are like our parents.  They call us their hijas.  They just took us to the Lake Amatitlan  yesterday for a few hours.  They're the greatest.
It's just SO pretty.   You can see the volcan.


Look how cute they are!

We went to this little look out with a  little park.

Us and E

Amatitlan

The green squareish spots are sugar cane fields
Our Zone


Our lunch yesterday.  When ya don't have an oven you fry the pizza on the stove.  It actually turned out way good.