Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Milagros!

Please bear with me if this email is really not exciting or doesn't make sense.  I cannot focus at all because tomorrow we have to get flu shots.  And anyone that knows me knows how I feel about shots.  I'll have to let you now next week if I make it without passing out.

Its still cold. I wake up shivering at night sometimes.  I feel like such a wimp!  Its a good adventure.  And it poured rain last night.  So I take back my good news from last week.  But the good news this week is that yesterday I accidentally broke the only mirror we have in our house, so I won't be able to put mascara on anyway!  So it all works out in the end.

Hna E and I are doing good.  We are always making each other laugh.  The other day she said something that was just so funny to me.  She gave me a hug after our companionship prayer at night and I freaked out because she accidentally tickled me.  Then she looked at me super surprised and asked me 'Can gringos be tickled?  I didn't think you guys could be tickled.'  It was so funny!  Of course we're ticklish.  Its funny to hear all these myths and weird ideas people have about the United States.

I feel like this sounds like such a downer email.  But I really am happy!  We have seen so many miracles this weekend! We are finally seeing more and more fruits of our labors. The zone leaders had told us to commit every contact to come to church. So we did and we found some positive people and took down their numbers to remind them of church. Saturday we couldn't find any of our positive investigators who had told us they'd come to church and that was rough. But that night we sent out messages to all our contacts to remind them of church. Sunday we had 6 investigators in church, 4 of which were street contacts from Saturday. We hadn't even taught them before and we didn't pass for them or anything! It was such a miracle. They all had a really good experience and are very pilas. I know we are going to be able to reach our goals this month. Heavenly Father is blessing us for being patient in our trials.


I love you all!
Hna Haymond

p.s.
and also with the funny things people think about Americans...there are beehives (12 year old girls) that leave with us (go visiting) and they are obsessed with my arm hair.  They always tell me that my blonde arm hairs are so cool.  Its just hilarious to me.  I went a whole lesson with one of them touching my little blonde arm hairs.  When you're feeling down just think about blonde arm hairs and that will cheer ya up.

This is the only picture I took this week. A member gave us toe socks for the cold.  My new latest look... cheetah Crocs with toe socks. (don't worry I don't wear them outside.)