Wednesday, December 3, 2014

11-25-14

So it turns out that it's not time for me to get over my fear of shots yet.  I freaked out waiting in line and when the mission presidents wife saw that I was about to pass out she said I didn't have to get it.  I love her so much for so many reasons but lately because she saved me from my worst fear.  So that was good.  But it was so horrible just to have to be there knowing that a million missionaries had to get the shot.  I really am so determined to get over this dumb phobia.  The next day in companionship inventory (Where hna E and I talk about what we're doing good and what we can work on)  the only thing she told me to work on was not being afraid any more.  It was the best suggestion I've received in a long time.  ha ha

Three of the missionaries in my district, including Hna E, completed another year of being members of the church this month.  They all got baptized in November.  One has 2 years, the others 1 year and 4.  Its so exciting!  So yesterday we kinda celebrated.  The Elders planned a bunch of activities and we made pupusas (they're like fried stuffed tortillas...SO GOOD!)  We invited some of the youth and it turned out to be a really good non-birthday party.  We played that game where you tie a balloon to your ankle and everyone has to run around popping each others balloons.  It was actually super intense because they used their soccer skills and it was to hard to track down their balloon.  Let me just point out that this game used to terrify me.  I hate popping balloons.  BUT NOT ANY MORE!  I may not have gotten over my fear of shots but I am no longer afraid of popping balloons!! I even won! That's my big feat this week.

Miracles are weird.  Sometimes we get miracles and then they seem to go away. For example, NONE of the 6 people who came to church on the 16th came on the 23rd and we cant find them.  So that's sad.  But I've learned that it helps us have just enough faith to be able to see more miracles that are even bigger.  Yesterday we called a lady who can be baptized this weekend.  We were by her house but when we called she said she was going to have to work until 9:30.  So we went and looked for new investigators close by.  When we came out of our lesson there she was!  She was outside her door.  She told us that she was just about to call us and she had just quit her job.  We had a really powerful lesson with her and she accepted to be baptized on Sunday!  It was amazing.  There were so many tiny miracles in the timing that helped us find her.  We are so excited!

I hope everyone has an amazing thanksgiving this week!  Today I got to choose the hymn in district meeting so I picked Because I have Been Given Much and Count you Blessings.  I think that's the extent of my Thanksgiving celebration.  But here are some things that I'm thankful for.  Its so interesting how my list changes being a missionary.  I'm thankful for....

Tortillas
Companions
my planner
blankets
members of the church
prayers
being healthy
my family
my friends
being able to email once a week
the mission rules
the commandments
the Church
the Scriptures
food
tiendas...where you buy food.
my converts
dogs that don't touch me
bridges to cross the highway
really good bread that they have here
sleeping really good and being able to wake up early
hot showers
every person that I get to meet and talk to every day.

The list could go on forever.  But more than anything I'm so thankful for the Savior.  I am so so so not worthy to be a representative of Him.  But I'm so thankful that He gives me the opportunity.  I'm thankful that He created the earth and for all He taught to ancient prophets.  Im thankful for His teachings and His example when He was here.  Im thankful He got baptized.  Im thankful that He loved me enough to die for me and my sins and sorrows and difficulties.  Im thankful that He overcame death and continues to love me and help me.  What better way to start off Christmas seasn than thinking about Him.

LOVE YOU ALL!

Me trying to pop this kids balloon.

Me after winning the balloon game.

pupusas!

Hna E got cut out of the picture.
But just pretend like shes on the right hand side.

Wooo hoo!! Feliz cumpleanos for being born again through baptism.