Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Livin' on a Prayer

Whoa.  I'm half way there!  I cannot believe it.  It's so sad!  I have so much more to do and so much more work and there is so much more that I need to become.  Hna W is always talking about how fast time is going and I just tell her that she has no idea.  Before I know it I will be home.  And honestly that's so sad to think about right now. I love my family.  But I love these people and this work too.  There's so much more I need to give.  I'm just thankful that I have this opportunity and I'm thankful for all that I've learned these last few months.
So Hna W got a watch a while ago and somehow set some kind of mysterious alarm.  We have no idea how to fix it.  So we decided that whenever it goes off we have to go to a tienda and buy ourselves a treat.  It went off 3 times just now, so after this we will have to buy 3 treats.  Woo!
We havent seen any scorpions lately.  But I saw fireflies for the first time yesterday!  It was so crazy!  Everyone thought we were nuts because Hna W hasnt ever seen them either.  They're so cool! Like a little strobe light stuck in a bug.
We're teaching a lot of really great people right now.  One of which is a sweet old lady.  W're afraid that she's only going to get baptized because she loves us so much.  She gets SO excited every time we visit her and always sends us off with a box of juice from her tienda.  It's the cutest most hilarious thing ever. 
Things are going so good as always.  I love what I'm doing.  Everyday we come home and talk about how it was the best day ever.  It just keeps getting better.  I'm so thankful for it because I know that not every area or change or companionship or mission is like this.  I will never be able to pay Heavenly Father back for all the blessings I've recieved on my mission.

Thanks for everything!  Can't wait to Skype you guys on Sunday!!!
Love you all!!

Hermana Haymond

Zone training meeting today
There are these giant ants here with wings.  AND THEY EAT THEM!  They're super expensive.  But you can make a paste our of their little rear ends and put it on tortillas.  Its super good apparently.  We're collecting a bunch to have a sister make them for us
One of the girls is a member.  We're working on baptizing her sister
I think I've seen this in the states.  But they were teaching us how to play this game where you jump in and on and outside on the ropes and see how high you can get.  That probably makes no sense.  They also gave me an orange.


Oh so gracefully playing this game.  it was quite an adventure in our skirts.  They thought it was cool because we're so tall.