Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Good Week!

me this morning.
President Brough and Hna Brough and their daughter came to our zone meeting this morning because we were the most successful zone in the mission in May!  Woo!  But this will be my last picture with them.  
Today we talked about loyalty and how we are loyal to the Lord.  It doesnt matter who the mission president is.  We do what he says and we love him because he's called of the Lord.


Last week was soo good!  It actually had some really hard moments.  But it was good.  We made up for all the short comings we had 2 weeks ago.

Hna W is just silly sometimes.  She learned a lot about plants this week.  One day we saw an aloe plant and she told me about this really good lemonade she had once with aloe in it.  So I plucked off a little piece of aloe just to see how you would put it in lemonade.  But she comes up, sticks her finger right in the juice oozing out, and proceeds to put her finger in her mouth. She immediately had this horrible look on her face and started freaking out saying she had just eaten poison.  I, being the supportive companion I am, just started laughing.  Afterwards we talked about what we learned from that experience...don't eat strange plants.  Then yesterday I heard her give out a little shout of pain when we was walking behind me.  I stopped to see what happened and she told me she touched a spikey leaf.  I told her to be super careful touching leaves because there are some that are poisonous (for a refresher about how I learned that please see my email from my 2nd or 3rd week in the field, when Hna Godfrey and I thought we were going to die when we got shocked by scary plants on our way to get lena.  I think its called chichicaste).  Be careful of plants like that one, I said as I pointed to the very plant that made Hna Godfrey and I think we were going to die.  She then started freaking out again because, of course, that's the one she had just touched.  For the next 30 minutes she described the exact same terrifying symptoms that I experienced.  It was just funny to think that I was just like that in my training.  Hna Wise will be a plant expert by the time she gets home.

One crazy thing that happened this week... hmm... well I'll probably talk about these in my blog email.  But on Weds  our appointments were falling through and I was trying to figure out what to do.  I felt like we were in that spot for a reason.  Then I hear guitar hero music and something just tells me follow the music.  So I listen super close and find the house where its coming from, thinking its going to be some punk teenage boy.  But no!  A 40 something year old dad answers the door with the guitar around his neck in his jammies!  I was like what the heck.  But he turned out to be SUPER positive.  He and his wife came to church on Sunday.  Which is awesome!  People almost never come to church after only 1 or 2 visits.  But it was just so funny.  Who wouldda thought that the grown man playing guitar hero would be so pilas?  Heavenly Father. That's who.
We have also been using a new finding strategy lately.  There have been a few times where we REALLY have to go to the bathroom and there are no members around.  So we knock a strangers door and feeling sorry for us, they always let us come in and use the bathroom.  But we've decided we need to do that more often and just say well now that we're in your house, will you listen to a little message of Jesus Christ (...and come to church...and be baptized).  I'll keep you up to date on how that works.
There are two of our converts who have started liking each other.  And it's just so funny because they're both shy.  BUt we're 99.99 percent sure that theyre in love and will get married.  We always invite one to visit the other with us so they can help eachother stay strong at church.   And they are always just too happy to accept.  Its so cute.  It reminds us of that quote from the office where Michael is like 'It's like all my kids have grown up and married each other.'  That describes our feelings exactly.

So we saw a HUGE miracle this week.  There are 2 jovencitos that haven been going to church for a year.  But their mom has never given them permission to get baptized.  But this last week, out of no where, she FINALLY decided to let them get baptized.  They are so happy!  I seriously could not believe my eyes as I watched her sign permission.  I know that there are SO many missionaries that have fought for this that will be so happy!  It's so cool to see stuf like that. THeyre such strong little teenagers.  They never gave up faith.  Every single rejection and investigator that stops progressing is so worth seeing baptisms like these ones.
Love you!  Thanks for all the support!!

Hna Haymond

fruit of the week.  looks like this on the outside.

but then its like this on the inside.  bright red.  its kinda like a cantelopey taste.  but sweeter.


I made a super crazy rice krispie treat ball for a little 4 year old member who lives on our street.  It was her b-day yesterday.