Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ladrios!

Yesterday I found out that I'm staying in this area.  Which wasn't really a surprise. The Zone leaders thought they'd do something different.  Instead of just calling us and telling us, they had the whole zone go to the stake center.  They had pictures of each companionship and when they announced the changes, they ripped the picture in half and dropped the companion who's leaving the zone.  It was really sad and funny at the same time.  Every companionship in our zone has changes which almost never happens.  I'm sad my companion is leaving.  I still have lots to learn from her.  But I'm excited to meet my hija tomorrow!

I just thought I'd point out that it's been 2 months since hna Wise and I waded through sewer water and I still don't have foot fungus.  Woo!! 

Yesterday we went to make bricks!  My area is known for brick making.  There are members who own a ladriera so we went with them.  To make the clay for the bricks you basically stomp around barefoot in a big pile of mud (I'll let you know in two months if I get fungus).  You have to feel around with your feet to get rid of the rocks.  Then we went next store to the families car wash to rinse off. It was so fun!  Every one thought it was interesting that dad worked in a brick place too.  I think I did a pretty good job stomping around, probably because of dad.  I have lots of pictures but I didn't bring my little memory card reader thing.  So you'll have to wait until next week.

We had two baptisms on Sunday!  It was such a miracle.  It gave me so much hope after not baptizing last month.   I'm so thankful that we get to teach them.  They really are super pilas and have progressed a lot on their own.  It was just a tender mercy that Hna Z and I were able to baptize together.

Today Hna Z and I gave a little workshop on gratitude today in District Meeting.  It made me think of how we said one thing we're thankful for when we say family prayer at night at home.  Even though I always said lame stuff, it's good to know that we were always trying to be grateful.  I decided that I'm going to start doing that with my companions from now on.  

Thanks for always encouraging me and for praying for me.  It's always fun to hear from you guys!  Thanks for your love!

Love you!!


Hna Haymond